Today's Beautiful Thing is embracing change with a hopeful heart. Two years ago, we made the difficult decision to put Atticus to sleep. It was the right thing to do (he was in pain and dying of cancer) but it didn't make it any easier. Two years later, I look back on my life, the positive changes I made by creating this blog in his honor, and I know I am a better person for it.
Atticus, I love you and miss you very much. Thank you for the gifts you gave us. Thank you for helping me to see something Beautiful in every single day. Rest in peace, my Beautiful boy.
Bonus Beautiful Thing: Two years later, on this very day, Barack Obama was sworn in as our 44th President of the United States. I'm not usually good with change, but I'm going all out tonight! In honor of our new president, I changed font the color scheme of the blog (it's now an annual tradition!) and I'm looking ahead to the next year of my life, of this blog, and of my country with hopeful optimism.
2 comments:
Looks Good! Congrats on 2 Years! Wonderful and truly a beautiful thing!
Thanks hon! :)
Post a Comment