Friday, January 26, 2007

Connections


Today's Beautiful Thing is another co-worker, M. We have a very good working relationship. She works at a different site than I do, but we e-mail and talk on the phone daily and I feel close to her though I only see her maybe once a month.


She gave her resignation this week and her last day was today-- sooner than she'd originally planned. When I got in this morning, she'd left me a wonderful voicemail, telling me how much she enjoyed working with me and many other fine compliments. Though I am so sad to see her go, the message was kind and thoughtful (and yes, beautiful) and it made me really happy. Like L, who also left this week, I'd like to stay in touch with her and I hope I will be able to. The connections we make in life make life worth living.

No comments: