Thursday, September 13, 2007

Follow-through


Today's Beautiful Thing is splitting, filling, trimming, frosting and (finally!) decorating those double-thick chocolate cake layers I baked yesterday. It's a shower cake for two ladies at work who are both expecting boys. It's not terribly creative, but there's only so much you can do with two rubber duckies--the theme of the shower.

4 comments:

Stickman said...

i can feel my butt getting bigger just by looking at that tasty cake!
do you happen to bake cakes for strangers?

Cherry Red said...

LOL Paul!

It is very difficult to keep from eating cake scraps, I must admit. And I probably shouldn't mention that it was a dark chocolate cake, iced in a very nice white buttercream, and filled with three layers of fudge on one side and three layers of raspberry on the other--because I think people should have choices. :)

I baked cakes professionally for 10 years, now I only bake them for special occasions. I'm doing the cakes for my 2 cousins' weddings next year. Have yet to be asked to do one for my niece's birthday, but I would gladly next year if I was asked.

Anonymous said...

Kim, taht cake is beautiful ! Did you save some for me ? :)

Jill

Cherry Red said...

Jill,
I'll bake you a cake anywhere any time. YOu put in your order and I'll deliver.

Hugs,
Kim