Sunday, June 8, 2008

Evesdropping


Today's beautiful Thing is overhearing funny conversation. Hubby and I went to see Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay today (gross teenage boy humor, but still v funny) and I overheard a movie theater "expert" and a friend:

Friend: (Holding X-large bag of popcorn) "Do you want butter on it?"

Expert: "Do you think I got a butt this big by eating my popcorn without butter? Of course I do!"

Friend: (Laughing) "Ok." (Asks and receives the butter, takes popcorn, and starts to follow Expert)

Expert: "No. Not like that. THIS is what you do." (Takes a food tray/box, dumps as much popcorn in it as the box will hold, and hands it back to her friend.) "Now go ask for a refill."

OMG! This lady was both funny and clever. I so wanted to be her friend. I hope your Sunday was fun too. :)

No comments: